Evoking Alchemy, LLC ™ was founded for individuals and groups seeking growth, balance, wholeness and
mastery in themselves, in their work and relationships ---in all aspects
of their lives. We offer:
- personal and professional development trainings
- weekend retreats
- private sessions for healing and well being
- specialized events
We are M'Liss Calzaretta and Margaret Thompson, founders of Evoking Alchemy, LLC™. We have come together to make these offerings out of our shared belief that healing, wholeness and mastery are achieved through grounded, direct experience and deep, intentional exploration of our humanness in all its aspects. This is the point of departure for all our work in training, coaching, healing and well being.
Our name, Evoking Alchemy™ describes the purpose of our work:
To be an evocative catalyst for deep, sustainable, structural change toward embodying and expressing the unfolding perfection and full capacities of human being ---the transmutation of our ideas, concepts and habits of self toward the true and full expression of our essential nature.
Healing, wholeness and
mastery are elements of the work that support the alchemical process. We
heal the wounds of our experience not to purge them from our bodies and
psyches but to transmute their effects toward balance and clarity. That
healing serves the continual process of living in wholeness which is a
process of profound self-discovery and reunion with the depths of our
being ---recovery of the soul. Mastery is the process of igniting the
innate and ever-present wisdom that resides in each of us. It is also
the development of practices and habits that support the realization and
full expression of our wisdom and our gifts in this life, on this
planet, at this time.
Visit Programs for descriptions of our current program offerings including:
- Integrated Reiki™ Levels One and Two
- Integrated Reiki™ Levels Three and Master One
- Dynamic Equilibrium™ - A Series of Trainings in Energetics and Mastery
- Unfolding in Wholeness - Private Integrated Healing & Wellness Sessions™
- Meeting in the Wilderness - 11-day Initiatory Rite with 4-day solo fast™
- Calming Hands, Courageous Hearts™
- Mining the Self - Claiming the Jewel™
- The Fire of Quickening - A Summer Solstice Gathering™
- Becoming the Harvest - Autumn Equinox Program™
- Becoming the Light - Winter Solstice Program™
- The Soul's Beckoning - Spring Equinox Program™
We also work with individuals and groups to design programs that meet their unique circumstances and needs.
Margaret is the co-founder of Evoking Alchemy, LLC™. She is the co-originator and master/teacher of Integrated Reiki™, a certified hypnotherapist, a certified Breema® bodyworker, a Usui Reiki master and teacher. She has trained in a variety of wisdom traditions related to healing, wellness, and personal transformation. She brings her work into the world as a teacher, health and wellness practitioner, vision quest guide, life coach, and spiritual mentor. She supports persons toward wellness and the full expression of the extraordinary capacities and possibilities of human being.
In her work, Margaret creates and facilitates experiences to evoke the innate wisdom that resides in each of us. That wisdom emerges and thrives through direct experience of health and well-being, personal mastery, spiritual understanding and deep inquiry into the essential and evolving nature of being and consciousness. Her work draws extensively on practices and rituals from various wisdom traditions. Margaret is deeply influenced in all her work by her lifelong, radical love of the Earth.
Margaret is a practitioner at One Life Balance Natural Health Center in Denver, CO, a board member and staff member for Nine Gates Programs, Inc. and the Nine Gates Mystery Schools and a vision fast guide with the School of Lost Borders. Her education includes:
Prior to 2004, Margaret had a career that spanned over 20 years in the U.S. corporate sector. Margaret’s corporate career was fruitful ground for developing an understanding of the rift between humanity’s intellectual and technological prowess and the deepest callings of the human soul and psyche. Her post-corporate life has been dedicated to bridging that rift and being a midwife for the soul of humanity.
- Training in various healing and wellness traditions including: Breema®, Reiki, Jin Shin Jyutsu, and Healing Touch
- Hypnotherapy training at HCH Institute, Lafayette, CA
- Vision Fast Guide training at the School of Lost Borders, Big Pine, CA
- Life Coach training at Newfield Network, Inc., Boulder, CO
- Authentic Leadership training at Naropa University, Boulder, CO
- Training for personal mastery and spiritual development at the Nine Gates Mystery School, Sacramento, CA
- Graduate work in theology and religious studies at The Iliff School of Theology, Denver, CO
- Undergraduate work in political science and social history at the University of Colorado, Boulder
M'Liss is the co-founder of Evoking Alchemy, LLC™. She is the co-originator and master/teacher of Integrated Reiki™ and an energy practitioner who has integrated the use of a diverse mix of healing modalities, sound expression and physical movement into one rolling wheel of healing practices. She operates on the belief system that every being has his/her own unique blueprint in the pursuit of energetic health. The goal of her practice is to combine one’s humanness with spirit to bring about balance in one’s earthly walk.
As co-founder of the New Orleans Mystic Healing Center, the mission of which is to combine spiritual healing and creative expression, M'Liss brings her background as singer/songwriter and as a healer into her expanded practice. She incorporates Reiki healing and teaching, Reflexology, Acupressure, sound healing, ceremonial drumming, shamanic journeying, chakra balancing, release work and kundalini crisis recovery. As a practicing Reiki Master in the tradition of Usui Karuna, M'Liss facilitates transformational trainings and retreat weekends for groups and individuals seeking to understand the workings of the energetic body.
M'Liss has over twenty years of experience working with adolescents in the child welfare system, as well as physically disabled children and young adults. She has designed and implemented programs in areas ranging from behavioral management, sound and music therapy, movement therapy and boxing as a means of empowerment. She has a private healing practice in North Attleboro, Massachusetts and is on staff at Massachusetts Hospital School`s Department of Complimentary Alternative Medicine.
Her credentials include:
- Certified Hypnotherapist
- Reiki Master Teacher - Level 3 (Usui and Karuna Traditions)
- Certified Reflexologist
- Huna Practitioner
- USA Certified Boxing Instructor/Trainer
- Nine Gates Mystery School Graduate and Staff
- Graduate of Awakenings Clairvoyant School
- Graduate of Hearts of Shamanism
- Initiate of She-matrix, Australia
- Studied Acupressure Shiatsu at Acupressure Therapy Institute, Boston, MA